The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
- After I predicted that Georgetown would coast to the championship game of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off, they went out and lost to Northeastern in their opening round tilt. And to add insult to injury, the team I predicted they would meet in the championship, VCU, also lost. However, these two teams should still meet. So I got that going for me. It’ll just have to be in the loser’s bracket. The Hoyas need to clean up their shooting as they have struggled, especially from behind the arc.
- Marquette squeaked by New Hampshire on Thursday night 58-53. Marquette and Georgetown are supposed to bring strength to the Big East, but both teams have been far from sharp in the early going.
- Providence will be taking part in the Paradise Jam tournament this weekend. It’ll be disappointing if they don’t win the eight team tournament.
- Seton Hall is in the field of the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic this weekend. A first round win would mean they would play the #1 ranked team in the country (Michigan St.).
- And if you haven’t heard, Seton Hall point guard Tom Mayaan is required to return to Israel by January 2nd, 2014.
Big East games today:
Georgetown vs. Kansas State (12 PM EST)
Providence vs. Vanderbilt (6:30 PM EST)
Seton Hall vs. Oklahoma (7 PM EST)
Villanova vs. Delaware (7 PM EST)
St. John’s vs. Monmouth (9 PM EST)