The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
- Kris Dunn made his season debut for Providence last night and propelled the Friars to a 70-49 victory over Vermont. PC is a different team with him on the floor as he has the potential to be the most versatile guard in the Big East.
- Seton Hall topped Monmouth at home 82-66 to improve to 3-1 on the season.
- The conferences’ first weekly awards were announced yesterday. Doug McDermott received the first of probably many Player of the Week awards. And Tommy Hamilton IV has been an early season surprise for DePaul, earning the first Rookie of the Week honors in the Big East.
- The new polls are out. Creighton and Marquette are ranked in the AP Poll at 23 and 25 respectively, while just Creighton represents the Big East in the USA Today Coaches Poll at 23. In addition, Villanova, Xavier and Georgetown received votes in either one or both polls.
- Xavier coach Chris Mack is coaching another team in his spare time; his daughter’s third grade basketball team. Pretty cool stuff from an all-around good guy.
- If for some reason you didn’t watch the DePaul vs. Wright St. game over the weekend, check out this powerful dunk Cleveland Melvin threw down.
- St. John’s gets a tough Bucknell team tonight at home in what should be a good game on Fox Sports 1 at 8:30 est. Take a gander at this preview to get you ready for the game.
Big East games tonight:
Butler vs. Vanderbilt (6 PM)
DePaul vs. Milwaukee (8 PM)
St. John’s vs. Bucknell (8:30 PM)
Tags: Basketball Big East Chris Mack Cleveland Melvin Creighton Bluejays DePaul Blue Demons Doug McDermott Kris Dunn Providence Friars Seton Hall Pirates St. John's Tommy Hamilton IV Xavier Musketeers