The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
- Creighton went on the road and got a very solid non-conference win at Saint Joseph’s on Saturday evening winning 83-79. Ethan Wragge led the Bluejays with 21 points (all via the three point shot), but it was the big shot from Doug McDermott with under six seconds to go that got Creighton the win.
- Did you miss the marquee game of the weekend, Ohio St. at Marquette? Well, if you did, consider yourself lucky. It was an ugly display of basketball with the Golden Eagles scoring 35 points in the game. 35! The game was tied at 19 at the half, and it got slightly better for the Buckeyes thereafter as they finished with 52 at the final buzzer.
- Seton Hall took a tough home loss to Mercer as they fell 77-74 in double overtime on Saturday. The Pirates got very little production out of anyone not named Fuquan Edwin, who finished with a career high 35 points in the defeat.
- Cliff Alexander, a consensus top five prospect in the class of 2014, had DePaul on his final list, but ended up choosing Kansas. But did you see his cruel action toward the Illinois fan base?
- Marquette received a commitment for 2014 from 7-foot center Satchel Pierce. The Akron, Ohio native is ESPN’s 34th ranked center in the class.
- With the depth that Steve Lavin expects to have next year, he is focusing his recruiting on the classes of 2015 and 2016 currently.
Big East games tonight:
Providence vs. Vermont (7 EST)
Seton Hall vs. Monmouth (8 EST)