The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
- The Creighton Bluejays cruised by the UMKC Kangaroos at home last night 96-73. Doug McDermott imposed his will all game long, scoring 25 points in the first half and finishing with 37 on the night. McDermott will get all the attention and rightfully so, but his point guard, Austin Chatman, also had a good night. He finished with 12 points, 9 assists and 7 rebounds, flirting with a triple double.
- McDermott may not be considered a superstar in the game (I’m guessing fans of his – myself included – would tend to disagree), but he is who he is. If he was any different and not true to himself, would he be as good as he is or still playing at Creighton today? Keep doing your thing, Doug.
- Cliff Alexander, the highly touted prospect in the class of 2014, still has DePaul on his list; a list that isn’t changing before he makes his decision Friday.
- Did you miss Luke Winn’s power rankings released late last week? Three Big East team’s made the SI columnist’s cut, but unfortunately weren’t high enough in the rankings to garner a closer look.
- And if you didn’t know, and if you have nothing to do today, there is college hoops on all day long on the ESPN family of networks.
Big East games tonight:
Grambling St. at #17 Marquette 7 EST on Fox Sports 1
Tennessee at Xavier 9 EST on Fox Sports 1