The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
Countdown to the first games of the college basketball season: 10 days
- Tom Jernstedt was appointed as a senior adviser for the Big East conference yesterday. Jernstedt spent 38 years as a NCAA executive and has been credited for making the NCAA tournament what it has transformed into today. This is a small move and one that many fans won’t notice, but it is a move that further proves that the Big East is committed to doing this thing right. Jernstedt will assist Ackerman (the new commissioner) with everything from officiating to a strategic plan.
- The buzz for a big season at St. John’s continues to build. They are no doubt one of the most talented teams in the Big East, but it is a matter of putting it all together and executing more efficiently this year.
- Seton Hall’s Fuquan Edwin is projected to get drafted in next summer’s NBA Draft and he would be the first Pirate selected in over a decade. The Preseason Second Team All-Big East selection had to shoulder most of the load last year due to a plethora of injuries, but should get more help this year with better health and an influx of new talent. Look for Edwin to have his best season yet.
- Terance Mann, a top 50 recruit in the class of 2015, attended Georgetown’s Midnight Madness this past Friday and talked about his visit to SNY.tv.
- And Trevon Bluiett, the top 50 prospect in the class of 2014 who recently decommitted from UCLA, is expected to announce his decision sometime this week. The 6-foot-5 small forward visited Big East schools Butler and Xavier, along with Michigan St. and Memphis.