The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
Countdown to the first games of the college basketball season: 14 days
- Tonight is the Big East Tip-Off Party on Fox Sports 1. It begins at 9 EST and will do live look-ins at all 10 of the Big East schools’ Midnight Madness festivities. We are only two weeks away from actual games.
- Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com sat down with Marquette head coach Buzz Williams for a Q&A session. Buzz talks about his stout front court, inexperienced back court, his talented recruiting class, and the state of this newly configured Big East conference.
- Collegebasketballtalk.com compiled a list of the top 20 big men in the country. Creighton’s Doug McDermott came in at number two on the list.
- There are a plethora of posts around the web today touching on the peculiar Josh Smith situation. We’ve known for a long time that rulings by the NCAA are inconsistent and at times baffling. This is another ruling to add to that list.
- Speaking of Josh Smith, he was included on CBSSports.com’s list of the top 20 transfers entering this season. The guy has serious potential and could be one of the best players in the conference, if not the country, if he can get his conditioning in order.
- The hype for Providence freshman Brandon Austin continues to grow. Last week I picked him to be the Big East Rookie of the Year come the end of the season.
- Jameel McKay, the JUCO transfer who left Marquette before ever playing a game, revealed that he left the program over certain disagreements he had regarding his role and position. The move caught many by surprise as it was expected he would be next in line for another successful JUCO to Division 1 transition under Buzz Williams.