The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
Countdown to the first games of the college basketball season: 29 days
- Tonight is Marquette Madness, which means we’ll get to see a Big East team in uniform for the home crowd for the first time this season. There is also a media day this afternoon which will supply the public with plenty of juicy quotes about the current state of the team and what to expect in the upcoming season. The link to the post above also lists which future prospects the program is pursuing that will be in attendance for the event.
- Staying on the Marquette theme – check out this dunk video of the Marquette newcomers. Deonte Burton is going to be something to see.
- St. John’s key recruit and top rated incoming prospect in the Big East this year, Rysheed Jordan, is currently not allowed to speak to the media per team and coach rules, but the school did release some quotes from the freshman. It sounds like it may take some time before he is the team’s starting point guard and playing significant minutes. The Johnnies could be a really good team this year – many believe they are the most talented in the Big East – and the sooner he becomes a major contributor the better.
- Here is a video update from ESPN’s Andy Katz talking about the state of Creighton.
- And if you want to relive some really fun moments from Butler’s exciting season last year – check this post out that includes all the key videos.