The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
Countdown to the first games of the college basketball season: 30 days
- ESPN’s Dana O’Neil did a full feature on Butler’s new head coach Brandon Miller. It’s a pretty amazing journey Miller has gone on in his life and he seems to be in the place that he has always been meant for him.
- Creighton got themselves a new logo and court design as they head into the Big East. Pictures of the logo and video of the unveiling party that took place last night can be seen here.
- A group of ESPN college basketball writers answered key questions on the Big East. Topics include Butler’s coach Brandon Miller, the always interesting Buzz Williams, and the status of Josh Smith at Georgetown.
- A list of the most impactful transfers was compiled over at the collegebasketball talk blog. Georgetown’s Josh Smith and Xavier’s Matt Stainbrook made the list representing the Big East.
- Here’s ESPN’s Eamonn Brennan giving his thoughts on the Big East. He’s got some good points in this short post.
- Brian Ewart from vuhoops.com, discusses the potential necessity for Villanova to see the Kansas Jayhawks in the Battle 4 Atlantis to act as an important resume builder for down the road. It definitely wouldn’t hurt, but I think the rest of their non-conference schedule is actually pretty solid even if they don’t see Andrew Wiggins and the Jawhawks in the Bahamas.
- Providence welcomes Tyler Harris, a transfer from NC State, to the rotation this year. Here’s everything you need to know about Harris and why he could be one of the most important players in the Big East this year.