The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
Countdown to the first games of the college basketball season: 33 days
- CBSSports.com’s Jon Rothstein sat down with Villanova head coach Jay Wright for a one on one interview. Wright touches on his 12 years at VU, the ways of Villanova basketball, point guard extraordinaire Ryan Arcidiacono, talented transfer Dylan Ennis, the under-rated Darrun Hilliard and his expectations for the season ahead.
- Trevon Bluiett, Rivals 46th ranked recruit, has de-committed from UCLA. Butler and Xavier had pursued the 6-foot-6 wing previously, and are expected to jump back in. Bluiett should be one of the most coveted recruits remaining for the class of 2014.
- It sounds like Georgetown and Butler could be two of the eight participants in a loaded Battle 4 Atlantis field in 2014.
- Creighton’s head coach, Greg McDermott, discusses the loss of Gregory Echenique and how his departure leaves a significant void down low. Echenique was most noted for his defensive effectiveness and his ability to guard most opponents without assistance. Coach McDermott will need someone to step up this year if the Bluejays are going to compete for a league championship.
- Butler recently offered to Zach Johnson, ESPN’s 60th ranked point guard in the class of 2015. But he could also still opt to join the 2014 class.