The Morning Dump is a daily post compiling a list of links and commentary of various Big East topics.
Countdown to the first games of the college basketball season: 36 days
- Chinanu Onuaku, a Georgetown target, will be announcing his choice of school this afternoon at 2:30. The 6-foot-10 center from Riverdale Baptist High School is ESPN’s 74th ranked recruit and 8th ranked center in the class of 2014. And if that last name sounds familiar it’s because he is in fact the younger brother of Arinze, the center for Syracuse just a few years ago.
- ESPN’s Andy Katz stopped by Georgetown’s practice earlier in the week and made a video about it.
- The guys over at casualhoya.com did some investigating about how the government shutdown could potentially affect Georgetown’s first game in South Korea in the Armed Forces Classic on November 8th. The Hoyas play Oregon which will be one of the marquee games on that opening night of college basketball.
- Marial Shayok, the 6-foot-6 wing from Blair Academy in New Jersey, had a good visit to Providence last weekend. He is ESPN’s 27th ranked Small Forward in the class of 2014.
- More updates have popped up on Creighton’s TV schedule.
- And Seton Hall has released the details of their Midnight Madness celebration to be held on Friday, October 25th. Power 105.1’s DJ Clue will be hosting and hotdog eating extraordinaire Kobayashi will be in attendance. Sounds like a blast.